May 2, 2009

Catching up, boat races, soft ball and life




Kyle had the Rain-gutter Regata this past week. He took second place. This is a race where the boy scouts build a little wooden boat and race it gown a 'gutter' full of water. The boys use straws to create the wind for the sails. I think it just proves Kyle is full of hot air.


Carrie's soft ball team is currently in first place in her league. The team has come a long way and after losing the first game, has won every one since! Carrie loves it and she better, since their games often last past 9 pm two nights a week. I am always tired!


With Kevin taking some leave before he deployed we spent time doing family things, like the zoo....The kids love the zoo, we go often, but it was a rare treat for Carrie to get an 'up top' ride from dad! I laughed about it, so Kevin threw me up on his shoulders next...not a picture I will share, but we got a LOT of looks from concerned teachers with kids on field trips! :)
The picture of Cameron with the Gorilla made me laugh, I think they were thinking the same thing...if only I knew what that was!
Kyle, Collin and Cameron all loved the Lorakeet feed exhibit (we always spend too much money on nectar)!




1 comment:

Becky Workman said...

very cute pics, love the one of Carrie and Kev, wish I could have seen you though!! Looks like you guys had some good quality time before Kevin left....boo hoo....I'm so sad for you, although glad the time is finally ticking by! Hopefully it will go as fast as Cam's first year of life, right? Very cute pups. You just might have pulled ahead of me in the crazy contest with that one though....I may pass you next week though when I've got an entire litter running around....