March 4, 2009

Well, the saying is 'when it rains, it pours,' and this is the case at our house.
This past weekend was a lot of fun seeing my friends. Kevin managed to squeeze in almost 2 days at home because of a weather related flight delay. Christy and Jim stayed for a long weekend. The kids were all pretty good and the weather stunk!
It rained the whole time!
Well, this was all fun, but somehow, my ability to have things go terribly wrong always sneaks in! The main water line to the house busted. It was a weekend and the repair was an emergency $$$ cha-ching!
Then the very nice big screen tv we have decided it no longer liked functioning....cha-ching$$$...Kevin will enjoy getting to pick out a new one though!
The toilet in the kids bathroom seems to have lost it's ability to work properly! I am sure that as soon as I call the plumber another cha-ching$$$!
Then Cameron lost my car keys. We thought maybe Kev packed them by mistake, nope...the search took 2 days, digging through the trash and a lot of swearing under my breath...finally, Christy found them. Good thing, because I could not find a spare and I am pretty sure it would have been a disaster!

So, needless to say, I am trying to cope with no hubby and things keep falling apart. Maybe God is trying to help ease me into the long deployment by making this short seperation so bad! :)
See I AM looking for the silver lining!

1 comment:

Becky Workman said...

ya, when Adam first left, EVERYTHING was breaking, I didn't know if I'd make it, but then things did get better. Good job looking for that silver lining, you're going to do fabulous!!! I'll be cheering you on all the way!!